Recipe by Amari Thomsen, MS, RD, LDN
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon matcha tea powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- Heat waffle iron to medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking oil.
- In a high-speed blender, combine eggs, cashews, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and matcha tea powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add salt, baking soda and coconut flour and blend again until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of batter into waffle iron and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until done.
- Lift the lid, remove the waffle from the iron and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining batter.