- 5-6 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 2 grapefruits
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon unrefined flax oil
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or minced finely
- sea salt + freshly ground pepper
- Peel one grapefruit and separate the slices. Remove the skin and white pith with a sharp knife. Cut the other grapefruit in half and squeeze the juice out into a small container with a lid. Halve the avocado and cut into thin slices.
- Arrange the salad ingredients into two plates: arugula, grapefruit slices, avocado and walnuts.
- Prepare the vinaigrette: combine lemon juice, honey, vinegar, flax oil, olive oil and garlic with the grapefruit juice. Cover, and shake vigorously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over salads and serve.